Please note that in the event of a cancellation, you are legally required to refund the buyers. We also remind you that it is your responsibility to inform the buyers of the cancellation and the refund terms you have chosen. You may also be required to refund your buyers if you make a significant change to your event.
If you wish to refund attendees without your event being cancelled, please refer to this article instead.
We strongly recommend that you follow this process:
- Close online sales by placing your event in draft status or hiding ticket types. This way, visitors to your site will no longer be able to buy tickets.
- Send an e-mail to our billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of this cancellation and to set up the refund process. Be sure to specify your organiser number and the number of the event.
- Export the email addresses of all your buyers to notify them and inform them of the refund terms (details, deadlines, etc.).
There are two ways to manage refunds for your event:
1. You would prefer to manage refunds yourself
If you have already received the funds from the orders to be refunded, you can manage refunds yourself. This is easier if you have few orders to refund.
Thus, you will refund the customers by your own means (cheque, bank transfer, etc.).
As a reminder, you are legally obliged to refund the total price paid by the customer, i.e. the price of the ticket + Weezevent’s commission.
2. You would prefer Weezevent to manage the refunds
At your request, we can refund the money to the bank card the customer used when they placed their order (for customers who paid online).
2.1 Make the refund request
2.1.1 Full ticket refund or refund for an important number of orders
In this case, you should request the refund directly from your management interface. This allows you to refund the full amount paid by the buyer. If you wish to proceed to a partial refund, please go to the next section.
Go to Attendees > Manage attendees, click on the relevant ticket. In Select an action, choose Refund this ticket or Refund this order depending on what you would like to do.
You can also go to Attendees > Manage attendees and use the ticket boxes on the left of each ticket to select several tickets. Then click on the drop-down menu Actions for the selection and choose Refund tickets.
A pop-up window will open with a summary of the refund: number of ticket(s) and amount to be refunded. Click on Confirm to send us this request for refund.
You can delete the ticket to make it available again for sale.
2.1.2 Partial ticket refund or refund for an important number of orders
If you would like to process partial refunds (e.g. refunding €10 of a €15 purchase) or launch a refund for an important number of orders, you will need to send us an excel file with 2 columns: one with the order number and the second with the amount (incl. tax) to be refunded – please ensure that you use a point as decimal separator (e.g., 1.50).
Click here to download the Excel template
This table should be sent to our invoicing service (email@example.com) specifying your planner and event numbers.
You can then delete the ticket to make it available again for sale.
2.2 Refund processing
We will then send you 2 invoices:
- One for the amount to be refunded to the customers. Commissions are still due to be paid
- The second for the €2 (excl. tax) refund fees charged for every refunded order.
As soon as these two invoices are paid, we will proceed with refunding the bank card used by the customers, and you will be immediately informed as you will receive a copy of the email sent to your customers. Generally, the customers’ bank account is credited within 1-3 business days, or at the end of the month in the case of a deferred debit card.
When initiating a refund, you will have the option to delete tickets related to the refund request so this ticket becomes inactive, which we recommend for you to do.
Good to know: We never refund customers without your consent. If they get in touch with us to ask for a refund, we direct them towards you
2.3 Refunds follow-up
From you back-office, you can:
- checked if you initiated or not a refund for a specific ticket, by filtering tickets with the status “Refund requests” in the tab “Manage attendees”
- check if we did refund a particular order by clicking on it (so you can answer your attendees’ questions on when their refund is coming)
Attention : if only one ticket has been refunded on a order containing several ones, you will need to check if this ticket is in “Active” or “Refund request" status so you can understand which ticket was reimbursed