This article will help you carry out a sale using Weezevent’s cashless terminals. You will find a series of rules and recommendations to follow.
1. Log in
Swipe your NFC device (card or wristband) under the top part of the terminal (where the NFC reader is located) and select “Sell”.
2. Select the point of sale
Choose the point of sale that you would like to use for your sale. You can add a new point of sale at any time using your management interface.
We advise you to lock the terminal into a specific point of sale in order to avoid any wrong entry. To do so, you just need to log into the terminal (with a manager card or wristband) and go to Staff > Configure > Configure as sale, then choose the point of sale you would like to lock.
This option enables you to hand out a terminal to a salesperson knowing that they will only be able to sell for this pre-defined point of sale.
3. Start selling
Select the items for sale then swipe the customer’s cashless device under the terminal to confirm the transaction.
- If the screen turns green, the transaction is confirmed and has been deducted from the customer’s account. You can confirm to the customer and show them their outstanding balance on the screen, then move to the next sale.
- If the screen shows “insufficient funds”, the transaction is not confirmed, it means the customer does not have enough credit on their account. In this case, you have two options:
- Cancel the transaction. The customer can top-up their account online or at a kiosk on site then come back to place their order again.
- Top-up the payment with another cashless device. In this case, the outstanding balance on the first account will be fully used, and the remaining amount to pay will be deducted from the second account.
- If the screen turns red, it means the transaction is denied. Try again to swipe the customer’s cashless device under the terminal to confirm the transaction. If you get an error message, please redirect the customer to an information desk where the technical teams will be able to solve the cashless device-related issue.
Important: you should always ask the customer to pay before handing out their order.
Please note: you can see the last transaction done by clicking on the eye on the top left of the screen.
4. Log out
Press the outstanding balance on the top of the screen for 2 seconds. A menu will appear. You can then click on “exit session”.
Please note: This cannot be undone. You will need to login again to use the terminal again